Doob LaVey

A clever combination referencing three of my favorite things: Marijuana, The Church of Satan, and the french alphabet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Long story, but briefly: I once saved a town from Dractyl, the vampiric pterodactyl.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Sometimes my mind gets so full I feel like it had the Whopper with cheese meal... super-sized! When this happens, it is often difficult for me to remember things until it is much, much too late. For example, I'd been meaning to write a thank you note to my Grandma for some presents she'd sent, and never gotten around to it. I happened to catch a glimpse of said presents this morning, though, and I suddenly remember what I had been meaning to do. I sat down and wrote out my letter, which went like this:

Dear Grandma,

As usual, you’ve saved this from being another run of the mill Christmas, thanks to your thoughtful (and timely!) gift of socks.
I feel sorry for you sometimes. It sucks to be old these days because the world is kind of dumb right now, and you won’t be around when the new good stuff starts to happen. I hear they are working on a xylophone that doesn’t need batteries.
It’s sad too because scientist doctors are always working on cures to stuff that would kill you in the olden days. So it’s sad because when I see old ladies all hunched over or shaped like their back hurts all the time, and I know when I’m that age I’ll still look like I’m 20.
I overheard some ladies about your age at the bus stop today talking about their walkers. They seem to like the red kind with big wheels. Which is your favourite?
It was weird that they just started talking without saying hello and they clearly didn’t know each other before. And then when one got off the bus, they didn’t say good bye either. I guess they figure that the other will be dead before they have a chance to meet again so why bother getting too attached.
It kind of gave me an idea to stand around at bus stops with a tape recorder and tape all the conversations I hear. Then I could write a book about it. Here are some ideas for the title I have:

Bus Stop Stories
Bus Stories
Bus Tales
Bus Rides
Bus Riders
Bus Ride Tales
Bus Ride Stories

Let me know which you like best.
I heard that there was a hurricane recently. Was it anywhere near you are? I hope not. They said on the news that the winds were up to 70 miles an hour. I don’t see what the big deal is, you can drive faster than that. Uh-oh, the phone's ringing, so I've got to go, Grandma. Write soon, you don't have any time to waste(LOL)!

Love, Jamie

I sent that off through Canada Post, confident that she would enjoy it if it got to her before she died. It wasn't easy to write, though. It's hard to know exactly what to say to old people. After all, they probably don't want to hear all about how old they are. So while I was carefully contemplating what to write, some interesting and some not so interesting combinations of words flashed through my mind. Since I didn't use them in the letter, I'll write them here, since I don't know what else to do with them. Here they are:

Requiem to Motivation
Ultra-Hate
The Captains of Industry Freak Me Out
Personal Energy Crisis
The Devil Said He’d Pay Me Back
Kitty's Wet Box
Moonshine Automobile
Meower of Power
Expletive deleted
Inter Continental Breakfast Missile
Sentiment as a Substitute
Aliens can detect your Bio-Rhythms
Contemporary Insanity

Well that's it, I guess. I should get busy and get to my architecture job.

Oh, I almost forgot. My sister moved into our house yesterday. At first I was completely against it, because I hadn't seen her in years and never really liked her in the first place. As it turns out, though, she's totally hot! Like, WOW! A perfect 10! I suspect some trouble may result from this revelation. But right now, I don't really care!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the fuck dude. That's your sister.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever been in a helicopter? Man, what a trip!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Shazamike said...

man. i have seen his sister. it will be so worth it.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home