Doob LaVey

A clever combination referencing three of my favorite things: Marijuana, The Church of Satan, and the french alphabet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Long story, but briefly: I once saved a town from Dractyl, the vampiric pterodactyl.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Good, Good News!!!

I came home late from my architectural workplace today after a long, hard day. Even though I have a passion for architecture, like every other profession, it has it's downside as well. Can you imagine going through six to twelve months of designing a building, making alterations for the contractor, and getting to the actual construction process, only to have Joe Blow or Betty Crocker, walking by on the street, say "What are you putting a building there for? It looks dumb."

Architecture is art. And like most art, people just don't get it.

If one were to jump in the "ol' way back machine" and travel "way back" enough, you would eventually arrive at a time when the earth itself was a lazy, roustabout exhibitionist, indulging in unhibited freedom to whirl around the cosmos with all her hills and valleys exposed to the universe's perverted eye. Now, thanks to the delicious advent of modern society, that will no longer suffice. Mother Earth must cover herself up, and architecture is the planet's new clothes.

Fashion is another kind of art, which suggests to me, at least, that just because we have to clothe our planet doesn't mean we have to do it without style. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way. It gets pretty frustrating at times.

So I get home and my sister is there. She can tell I'm in a a funk so she asks me what's wrong, and what I tell her is basically what you just read. That, plus the less than stellar review of my newest novel (which hit bookstore shelves today), must have triggered something in her, because she gave me a hug and told me she loved me.

OMG!!! My sister told me she loved me tonight! So I can afford to delay no more. It's time to make my move! I've been dreaming about this moment since she arrived at our house. I forgot to tell you yesterday that I accidentally walked in on her when she was in the shower! Holy smokes! Best "accidentally walking in on someone" of my life! She didn't see me, but I wonder now what might have happened if she had seen me?;)

I have to admit I'm kind of nervous, but I can't be one of those guys who spends their life wondering "What if I'd done this?" or "What if I'd done that?". I'm the kind of guy who has to do everything the hard way. LOL! That was a totally unplanned innuendo!

Ok. Time to get this started. Don't worry, I'll be back, bright and early tomorrow, with all the details, even if she says I shouldn't tell anybody. Because I'm not really "telling" anyone, I'm just typing out a bunch of alphanumeric symbols, and it's not my fault if a large percentage of the world's population will interpret their meaning in an identical manner. It's the internet for cryin' out loud! How many people can there be that read english! LOL!

This is going to be the best night of my life! Hope you're all as excited as I am! I can't wait to tell you what happened! Don't wish me luck, though, I'll be getting plenty lucky soon enough!;)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this thing on saturday night live where you can hump your car. I was drunk so I wasn't sure if it was just a dream or not. I couldn't get it out of my head for weeks. BUT I NEVER DID IT.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dominic Santini tells me this is a bad idea. He says don't ask how he knows.

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuckin cliffhangers...
so how's your grandmother doing?

4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever been influenced the works of Emil Laroche. His wing at the Uyuni General Hospital in Southern Bolivia is inspired. I've heard they repainted the complex in off-white, though.(Savages!)

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For someone who doesn't laugh, you sure LOL alot.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home