Doob LaVey

A clever combination referencing three of my favorite things: Marijuana, The Church of Satan, and the french alphabet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Long story, but briefly: I once saved a town from Dractyl, the vampiric pterodactyl.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Water Pressure and Brown on the "Pow"

I was just in the shower washing my hair when something perplexed me I and no matter how I looked at the situation, I could not find a satisfactory solution to the problem. So, I must turn to you now and ask:

With regards to the "glass half empty/ glass half full" scenario, is it generally assumed that :

1. a) Glass half full = optimist b) Glass half empty = pessimist

OR

2. a) Glass half full = pessimist b) Glass half empty = optimist

I was originally thinking that 1 is correct, that a person who concentrates on "emptiness" would be generally regarded as pessimistic. But you could think of it as someone saying "At least it's only half empty, instead of completely empty". Conversely, it would be pessemistic to think " The glass is only half full, when topped right up would be so much better".

Also, I was wondering if "winking" is obsolete. It definately doesn't seem to be catching on with the kids. So, if it is not already an extinct form of expression, then I postulate that it soon will be.

That's all.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you winking at little kids? You should stop that.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

I think the important thing is to fully rinse all shampoo out of your hair.

I don't understand the title of this post but it kind of scares me. Don't know why.

Also what he said.

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the problem is the glass isn't full or empty. The glass is half and only half. This is because one might not fill the glass to begin with, like saying "pour me half a glass". One doesn't measure the glass by the content, but the contents by the glass. Just imagine reading cooking directions that said pour a half empty cup of milk into bowl then stir. So what ever comes between optimism and pessimism is where that glass is really at.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter whether you see the glass as being half empty or half full, as long as you can see that it's a beautiful* glass.



(*note: the glass is also cruel)

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

winking is a good thing to bring back. I'll tell you what else I'm going to bring back, really tight shorts. I'm gonna pull my socks up to my knees, wear my short shorts, and head on down to the beach and make a fashion statement. Since I'm such a trendsetter I'm sure you'll be seeing dudes wearing tight shorts everywhere in no time.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Cal Samson said...

Maybe the half glass thing, and the winking thing, are connected.

Because winking can be seen as half blinking, so is the wink a half more than keeping your eyes open indefinately, or half less than a blink.
All this thought of eye closing is making me sleepy.

The blink is half empty...

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home