Doob LaVey

A clever combination referencing three of my favorite things: Marijuana, The Church of Satan, and the french alphabet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Long story, but briefly: I once saved a town from Dractyl, the vampiric pterodactyl.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Resolute New Year's

Any person equipped with a cold, practical intelligence, such as myself, understands that that transition between years is a highly arbitrary, and ultimately meaningless, marker of the passing of time. In terms of making positive and lasting change in our lives, January 1 is no more significant than april 10, june 12, or even july 5.

Nevertheless, many people still choose to hitch their star of effective, affirmative action to the wagon of the new year. Colloquially, we refer to this practice as new year's resolutions.

In an effort to appear more human, I, too, have made some new year's resolutions of my own. Here they are:

- Expand interests
- Improve health
-Overcome adversity

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about this. Last year there were so many things I never got around to and it gets pretty depressing when you realise how few of your goals you've accomplished. Here's just a partial list of things I failed to achieve in 2005:

- Grow a plant
- Join a gym
- Learn to appreciate the little things
- Acquire season 2 of "The Friendly Giant" on DVD
- Break out of brand loyalty to "Fruit of the Loom"
- Observe poop coming out of own bum
- Cross breed a cactus and a hamster
- Become a "Deviled Egg Bandit"
- Watch "Batteries Not Included" 3 times (only watched it twice)
- Visit Autobot City
- Don't write a blog

There's more, but this by itself is enough to make it impossible to feel good about one's self.
Here's to learning from the past. From it's lessons, the future is forged!

7 Comments:

Blogger BuffyICS said...

I sincerely hope you fail in your resolution to not write a blog.

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you failed to observe poop coming out of your own bum. Maybe this year, hmm? But I think it's sweet you're even considering trying to seem more human.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie, here's a resolution for ya: you gotsta hook up with buffyics! Man she looks like she could please you somethin fierce! If I wasnt't already married to 6 women (and engaged to two more) I'd be all over this!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Jamie S. Luxton III said...

And she's drink Heineken. Classy.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way Shazamike,
I couldn't find any sort of "special edition" DVD of Babe. You're just going to have to find it yourself.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Marissa Engel said...

I make new resolutions everyday! I'm hoping my blog will hold me accountable!

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to keep trying to keep that moxie we call a resolution.

Don't be an Adolf Quitler!

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home