Doob LaVey

A clever combination referencing three of my favorite things: Marijuana, The Church of Satan, and the french alphabet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Long story, but briefly: I once saved a town from Dractyl, the vampiric pterodactyl.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Disappointment At It's Finest

One of life's most enduring mysteries is finding the right words to best express whichever particular dissatisfaction is affecting me at any given moment. Perhaps that is the reason for my penchant for pedantic rhetoric.

Whatever the case, it cannot be denied that our ability to complain is a God given right. Also given to us by God was Jesus. When thought about like this, it could be argued that complaining is next to godliness, or at least God was being extra generous at Christmas time, for both Jesus and complaining are essential components of the holiday season.

Now I'll be the first to admit I know fuck all about Jesus and his adventures. All I can really recall is that he was once the target of a scheme by Vandal Savage, so he must have been pretty important.

What I think I have made clear is that I do know a lot about complaining and, well, tis' the season. This is because Christmas is a time of expectations. Not only do you expect to find a bunch of cool shit for your own self under the tree, so do you also expect great gushings of praise and adulation for your superior gift giving abilities. But it was the great philosopher who said "Let whomsoever is expectant of generalities be dealt with in specifics."

Sound crazy? Take a moment to think about it and you'll see this is more true now than it was in his own time. Truly a visionary.

But back on track. So let's get on with some of my All-Time Greatest Yuletide Disappoinments.

The Golphin - In a fit of selflessness (I was young and naive), knowing how my dad loved golf and my mom loved dolphins, I proposed to my genecist Uncle that we create the golphin, an all white dolphin with little depressions evenly spaced over the entirety of it's body. Months of secretive research went by, until at last, my uncle declared success. A great to-do was had by all during the Christmas morning unveiling. My parents left it to me to grow them in a fish tank as my uncle had instructed. You can probably imagine my excitement has they grew from microscopic size to almost an inch long, when they promptly died (as did my excitement). Years later I would realise how I'd been duped when I found out what sea monkeys were.

Omega Supreme - The ultimate challenge to Devastator's battlefield supremacy. Imagine a rocket ship and it's launching pad with a motorized tank on a track defending the perimeter. Now imagine that all these components combine together into a mighty robot that shuffles about your residence, with lights and noises going all the while. Sounds pretty awesome, right? Well, there is one thing that is not awesome... finding no Omega Supreme under the tree.

Anti-Depressants - In a move of dubious necessity, shortly after my dad died, my mom sent me to a child psychiatrist to find out what I seemed so sad all the time. When that yielded results that did not meet her expectations, she started sending me to medical doctors for diagnosis. For a time she was worried that I might have a brain cloud. The thought of living with such a woman for the more than another decade made me wish for anti-depressants. This, too, did not come to pass. Instead, I got six pieces of Lego, which prompted me to empty the contents of a bottle of Tylenol into my tummy. I didn't get a headache for six years.

End to Cold War - Not really a disappointment, but noteworthy nonetheless. In fact, this one paid off in a big way. I'll consider my time on earth well spent even if this is my only contribution to the world at large. I'm glad I asked for this, and considering the direction the world was headed in, you should be, too.

Many Happy Returns - Christmas keeps coming back, meaning the accompanying dispondency and disillusionment are an annual event. Knock it off already. It's too early in the day to say what disappointments are in store, but once I find out, you will too.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandingo, how I grock your mouth music.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was disappointed when the Immortal died. I mean really... HE'S THE IMMORTAL. How unsatisfying is a world in which The Immortal can die.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pains of no Omega Supreme
I too was dissapointed on not reciveing such a prize...
and having to settle for Optimus Prime...
was alright until my older brother smashed it into pieces right before my eyes...
i still have wheely as he was virtually indestructable aside from the wheels, I now call him unwheely.
Merry Christmas

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm disappointed year after year with my one Christmas wish being ignored. Is it so outrageous to ask for a reindeer for Xmas? All I ever get is ham.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're starting to sound awfully close to being a real person.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Jamie S. Luxton III said...

Thanks for the warning.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First!! Chew my butt-cheek, poserzz!!!!11

9:17 AM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Do you think Jesus's mother got the post partum depression? You know, everybody come see my new amazo-baby and then once january 7 rolls around everybody splits and she's just another teenage mother? No wonder people feel like crap in January!

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i gotta say, Christmas eve was a week ago! wheres the new big fun? huh? we all love big fun dont we? gotta say, i miss the big fun!

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home