Doob LaVey

A clever combination referencing three of my favorite things: Marijuana, The Church of Satan, and the french alphabet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Long story, but briefly: I once saved a town from Dractyl, the vampiric pterodactyl.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Real Deal

Hey everybody, sorry I was gone so long... I was taking a leak in the sink and it took longer than expected.

Anywho, I just wanted to thank everyone for their support during my recent personal crisis; I now understand that I've got a whole lot of friends! So here's a big shout out to all my fans and allies where ever in the world you maybe, even those of you in Vietnam!

What's that you say?I have no fans in Vietnam? How can this be? Well, let me let you in on a little state secret. Shh!

A covert agent of mine, currently travelling the world, recently reported to me that they couldn't view my blog while inside the vietnamese borders. His investigations revealed that he could access blogspot and random blogs on blogspot, but looking for Doob LaVey only results in "page not found". At no time, from no location in Vietnam, could he see my blog. It seems that I've have been banned.

Doob LaVey, which is nothing less than the sum total of my thoughts, feelings, and experiences, is not welcome in Vietnam. One wonders if my own person is similarly unwelcome! Would an armed guard be there to greet me at the Hanoi airport, ready to whisk me onto the next departing flight, or even into their gulags of no return?

This is just another blatant example of how the Man, whatever his nationality might be, will stoop to any low to keep the little guy down. It's not fair to me, certainly, and it's not fair to the good citizens of Vietnam( if there are any). It's not fair to any of you who are reading these words, either, for once the floodgates of censorship are opened, where does the madness end? Who's blog is to be banned next? The worst part is that you could be getting censored already, and not even realise it without covert agents, who will look for your blog, roving the globe.

When you don't openly and actively denounce censorship, you are effectively censoring yourselves. I for one, will not be silent. I say "Good Morning, Vietnam! Time to wake up. Censorship is wrong."
My only fear is that my one voice will not be enough. Perhaps my words here will inspire some of you to action. We will be like the mighty kraken, wrapping our ten tentacles of free speech about the flimsy hull of censorship.

Do it for the people of Vietnam. Without us, they'll never know what they are missing.

That's the Real Deal.

13 Comments:

Blogger Jamie S. Luxton III said...

Thanks for stopping by. It's good to see you and your comments are appreciated!

If there's one thing my pillow and my forearm can attest to, it's that my kissing techniques can use some work! Thanks for the tips!

Take care!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, maybe the vietnamese people will eat your cat!

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Censorship is wrong.....
As long as you don't harm anyone else by your actions.
Freedom of speech is outlined in the constitution.
Isn't that what this country was founded on?

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, Mr Luxton you are so right. i don't know how that ass backward country is still on the planet. why the hell didnt we blow them off the face of the earth when we had the chance. like chemo to a cancer patient. Us being Americans i mean. i know you are Canadian, but i get the idea.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who asked you loser? get out of here you waste of human flesh. you arent even good for organ donation; and evolutionary dead end.

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

both of you are massively idiotic. good day.

ps your blog keeps me laughing thanks for being neat.

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there everysmurf!
i have been a lurker of this site forever. great times! gotta love someone that can talk about transformers and hookers, drugs and vietnam oppressors.


as for shazamike, you seem like a decent fellow, so ignore that crazy dude, as Jamie said a few posts ago. have always been a fan of the batson boy!
shazam!

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

arrested development rules!!!

remember when that kid wanted to hook up with his cousin? that was funny stuff...kinda reminds me of the time you wanted to hook up with your sister.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

since when are canadians banned from anything? I thought you all prided yourselves on being so innocuous.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

My hand can attest that my kissing techniques are damn great!
The people in Viet Nam should know what good kissers we are! The truth should no longer be suppressed!
I'm with you all the way on ending censorship. If people in Saudi Arabia can read my blog, why not people in Viet Nam reading both of our vast wisdom? We can change the world, one lunatic rant at a time! Blog on, Brother!
The Cheesy One

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

once again, fox has proved that they are run by idiots. arrested development is the best show! is it just me or does the cherryville grapefruit remind anyone else of tobias? you know, talking all confidently about stuff he thinks he knows about but really he's just a closet homosexual with no self-confidence.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annyong!
If you been wonder. I live Vientiane, Laos. I read blog many you. You friend Marshall is cryman and no throw stones. What is awknowlaged mean? Have many fun Jamie!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Doughboy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home