Doob LaVey

A clever combination referencing three of my favorite things: Marijuana, The Church of Satan, and the french alphabet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Long story, but briefly: I once saved a town from Dractyl, the vampiric pterodactyl.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Fame Fallout

If there's one surefire way to get people to hate you, it's to have them find out that lots of other people really like you. While my sudden surge in popularity here in cloud cuckoo land caught me offguard, I was virtually instantly prepared for an accompanying backlash of negativity from certain quarters. As it turns out, my preparedness was well rewarded.

Just this very morning, I was roused from my dreams of wind dogs and go-machines by the ringing of the telephone. Placing it to my ear, I was greeted by the sounds of uncontrollable sobbing. "You son of a bitch! I'll kill you slowly!"

This of course, was my good friend Marshall, from whom I had stolen the notion of creating a blog in the first place. Unlike him, however, I had parlayed my blog into a magnificent success, while he has yet to achieve the coveted blog of note status. I personally suspect he may be responsible for a couple of rocks I discovered a few feet outside my window today. Presumably, he'd meant to chuck these chunks of geology through my looking walls, but they'd fallen short of their destination. Anyway, to him I say "I forgive you." and " Buck up, there, soldier! You're time will come! I'll see what kind of strings my new found power and influence can pull to get you into this exclusive blog of note club!" ;)


It also seems that, from the coward's comfortable cover of anonymity, some miscreant has accused me of being none other that the notorious Swami Abbajay Gutra. For those not in the know, Swami Gutra is one of the most wanted men on the subcontinent. His list of crimes include opium trafficking, larceny, extortion, training cobras as thieves and assassins, selling defective flying carpets, cattle ranching, civil disobedience, slave trading, leading youths astray, soup stealing, grand theft pachyderm, and treason. In his final scheme, before being forced to flee from India, he posed as a guide for some unwary archeologists, who hoped he could lead them to the fabled treasure of Kalind-Ortunafay-Pradesh. They left from Bombay just as the local constabulary raided Gutra's hovel. Conveniently, neither the archeologists nor the Swami ever returned and no one knows if the treasure was recovered. Some say they were all destroyed by dark forces guarding the tomb of the ancient wizard. Others say Gutra murdered those scientists to keep his escape from India a secret. Still others claim that the Swami murdered the scientists, kept the treasure, and then escaped. And still other others claim he's living just up the street from here, incognito. But I can say with absolute authority that I am not Swami Abbajay Gutra. Recant your falsehoods, you cur.

As for the rest of you who don't like me, it wouldn't be efficent to personally address each one of your concerns. Indeed, for the most part, they have merely stated their disinterest or disdain for me and my blog, without stating the whys and wherefores. So I'll just issue this blanket statement that should probably cover everyones issues.

I can change. My writing style and subject matter can change. If you want to hear about hookers in the house, you got it! Just you wait! More utensil sodomy? Coming right up! Just please don't go. You don't know how much I need this. I'll do anything. I'm begging you.

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot about someone who hates you, fool! Perhaps you have also already forgotten how you slighted me the other day! Rest assured that I have not forgotten nor has my rage abated. Be equally assured that the day I get my revenge will be a day long rememebered! So swears Roddy!

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More Incest!

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More teenage angst!

3:54 AM  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Sobbing? What are you children? :)

No offence, but the only reason your blog gets hits is because it is on the google blogger front page. Once it comes off the front page, you will be back to 250 hits a day like the rest of us.

Bathroom Review
R2000

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to the day that all these people stop reading your blog, you were much funnier before you had an audience.

11:06 AM  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

Hobbits are real http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4339740.stm

Perhaps wizards and secret chambers are real too, Shazamike.

Alex is clearly one of those individuals that has taken your fame as a Blog of Note and used it to attack you and disparage your site. No offence, Alex, but it is spelled "offense." Holy crap, when did they stop teaching spelling in grade school???

I would try to locate Swami using Google - the most powerful tool known to man. How long before Google's artificial intelligence feature kicks in and decides to destroy mankind. Sort of makes the Swami look like a pussy, doesn't it?!? In the battle of Swami v. Google, my money is on Google.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Jamie S. Luxton III said...

The Swami is NO pussy, I assure you.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Jamie S. Luxton III said...

Sporkife.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's hot!

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear there's been a lot of window "accidents" in your neighbourhood...for a small fee, I can provide window insurance.

11:29 PM  
Blogger you-x said...

more posts like this one! and more suicides!

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always considered grand theft pachyderm one of the highest forms of crime to date, right next to genecide and pachricide. Rounding out the top five would be stealing soup and hiding in muddy, stagnant waters just so you can pop out and scare the bejeesus out of me. I hate when that happens, and it happens more than it should

3:10 AM  
Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

More good words.
Because, personally, I find it difficult to hate anyone who uses the word "miscreant."
And here's yet another word to add to your lofty vocabulary: clitorides (pronounced clit-or-i-deez): plural form for clitoris.

So there you go, Jamie baby. Use that in your famous blog. And I don't mean just use it. I mean really use it.

4:22 AM  
Blogger RJ March said...

I love you. Not gayly, either. Your writing is delicious and envy-making. No wonder you're hated in certain quarters. Don't stop, though, and don't change.

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha.. soup stealing??
anyways, this is... reallie nice! keep it up!

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can hate what someone does with out hating them. We can love someone even though we disagree with what they do.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take courage Luxton, there are more people that like you than hate you. I mean sure, your writing is below average at best, but at least your not Uzbekistanian.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Raine Devries said...

Banned Breed -- The adventures of a Harley riding girl in Dallas who happens to be a producer for a television network in London... http://bannedbreed.blogspot.com/

6:18 PM  
Blogger The Leader said...

i hear you loud and clear!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Still others claim that the Swami murdered the scientists, kept the treasure, and then escaped. And still other others claim he's living just up the street from here, incognito"
Didn't you steal this from "The usual suspects" It's so Kaiser Sosee or however you spell his name.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

" Marijuana, The Church of Satan, and the french alphabet."

The first two I can understand but teh french alphabet... well it tahes all sorts.

I mean the french alphabet give or take an accent or two is same as the english ahplabet.And German. And Spanish.And Italian. And Spanish.

Visit my blog I would do ANYTHING to.

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog, go to www.smsstudentnews.blogspot.com and leave a comment

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home