Doob LaVey

A clever combination referencing three of my favorite things: Marijuana, The Church of Satan, and the french alphabet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Long story, but briefly: I once saved a town from Dractyl, the vampiric pterodactyl.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Hooray for Hockey

If there ever was a sign of divine intervention right in front of our collective fucking face, it's the "nothing short of miraculous" return of hockey to hockey places all over the place. And I for one say thank fucking God. There is only so long I can go on hearing silence when what I should be hearing is "he shoots he scores" "time out" or "what a trail of mustard that is".

I remember all the greats from my youth; Corflab, Mongunaro, Eisel, Von Neurath. Those were men who played hockey, not for the love of the paycheque, but for the love of the game. These were men who would scoff at the rinks full of hockey hair who're only after $$$.

But I'm the kind of guy who says "Screw all that! Game on!" even when it's not really relevant or appropriate. It's because of a medical condition I had as a child.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No opinion.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is "who're" a word?

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that apostrophe isn't supposed to be there.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

screw that!!! game on!!!

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Car!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hello,

I did some effort to understand somehow your story, even Im not quite familiar with robots or english (im spanish speaker)...

I should, my 4 years old boy like the red robots pics

Sad things happens very often, sad memories sometimes are like a bag hanging over our shoulders on day time. People normally, avoid readings of people having a tragic background like yours, i mean, sad stories are not like everybody taste. Many things are not everybody taste. Even with that, doing writings is releasing, allow us to expose the truth in a way we understand it. I like things avoid superficial issues. keep doing it.

2:50 PM  
Blogger jeff chapman said...

"who're" is correct.

"whore" would just be plain rude.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Chef Chick said...

I had a party for one the opening night of my town's first opening NHL game. 8-1. I was a happy woman :-)

4:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Fish, I'd like to hear more about your openings.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home