Doob LaVey

A clever combination referencing three of my favorite things: Marijuana, The Church of Satan, and the french alphabet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Long story, but briefly: I once saved a town from Dractyl, the vampiric pterodactyl.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Down to This

Well, my latest novel, "Connecting Howards" was released a week and a half ago with such a whimper that it's hard to be certain that it was released at all. I shouldn't let things like this get me down. I should be used to it by now, as a matter of fact.

I was going through some of my possessions and came across this old interview that I did for Corbotard magazine. It's doubtful you'll have much success trying to locate a copy of the issue in question. In fact, Corbotard has been out of business for several years and was mostly sold in europe, but I'd sort of hope that no one here would be interested in obtaining any copies of any issue. I'd just like to make it clear that I didn't know until after the interview was printed that Corbotard was a magazine for pedophiles. Anyway, here it is.


Out of all the things that no one is talking about, author Jamie Luxton is one of them. So what your about to read is something you'll probably not read anywhere else.

C - Thanks for taking the time to talk with us today.

JL - My pleasure. Like any performer, I'd be very little without my audience. I've always been appreciative of the time they give me, so I can do no less for them.

C - I'm sure they're all eager to hear what you've been up to.

JL - I hope so. My new book, "Obergruppenfuhrer!" is scheduled to hit the bookshelves any day now.

C- This is your third book, right? That must be pretty exciting.

JL - Very! I mean, after the first one, it was unbelievable. And after the second one, I was all 'Now there are two of them! This is getting out of hand!' But now, things are more out of hand than ever.

C- What can you tell us about this latest project? Don't spoil the ending or anything!

JL - They all die at the end.

C - What a card!

JL - Just kidding. Actually, it's a children's book-

C- Yes?

JL - Yeah. It's about a jewish baker in Berlin and the Obergruppenfuhrer who comes in for a raisin pie every day. Which would be fine, if a bit awkward, except that the other jewish businessmen around the neighbourhood start disappearing, and this obergruppenfuhrer might be responsible.

C- What ages would you recommend this for?

JL - I don't know. Between six to eight, I guess.

C - Six to eight? So basically an essential addition to anyone's library, correct?

JL - Well, I'd like to think so!

C- What's best thing about sex with twenty six year olds?

JL- Uh... I don't know?

C- There's twenty of them.

JL - What?

C - You don't get it?

JL - Well... Is that a joke?

C- Not really.

JL - Um.

C - You write poetry in addition to novels, yet haven't published any of it. Do you have any plans to make it available to a wider audience?

JL - A wider audience is always my plan, my good fellow! But seriously, I am compiling it all into a volume, an anthology, if you will. It will contain some of my earliest works right up to the most recent ones. It should be interesting for readers to see the progress I've made, as I feel the more recent works have undergone a dramatic shift. Compared to the earlier pieces, they possess a certain eloquent maturity, and, dare I say it, sincerity.

C - You have described yourself as a mass of contradictions. How do you respond to that?

JL - Orson Welles was asked the same question once. He said that everyone is a mass of contradictions. ' We are all made out of oppositions; we live between two poles. There is a philistine and an aesthete in all of us, and a murderer and a saint. You don't reconcile the poles. You just recognize them.'

C - Isn't that sort of a cop-out answer?

JL - All the best answers are.



As you may have guessed, that anthology of poetry has not yet been published. Maybe it never will. It's not the only work of mine that hasn't been published yet, either. Starting with my next post, as a public service, for free, for the first time anywhere, I'll be posting, in what is sure to be the first of many parts, my unfinished, unpublished, yet possibly most important, piece of work.

Tune in, won't you? Your future may depend on it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dominic Santini told me he really enjoyed the crossword section in your book. "You old fool! That's the newspaper!" I cried.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not many people realise this, but the germans are a wonderful people.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One time I broke a radiator hose in Philadelphia. Which is bad enough, but there was a Peta demonstration going. When I told a group of passersby that I had just blown a seal... well let's just say the scars are deep. Emotionally I'm fine.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did somebody mention a seal? mmm

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home