Doob LaVey

A clever combination referencing three of my favorite things: Marijuana, The Church of Satan, and the french alphabet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Long story, but briefly: I once saved a town from Dractyl, the vampiric pterodactyl.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

The Most Precious Commodity

Wow. One thing I think people just assume is going to happen all the time is their daily routine. Granted, this is a correct assumption most of the time. But sometimes, if you get too set in that routine, and the life throws you a curveball, it hits you like a pancake and you wish it happened to somebody else. And that's just what happened to me yesterday. And today, too, if you think about it, since I was planning on writing about living with a prostitute. But's that's for another day, now.

I actually managed to get around out of the house yesterday. I was pretty motivated, though, as I'd run out of my painkillers. So it really all started while I was having my prescription filled out at London Drugs. As I wandered slowly around, looking at shampoo and coathangars to pass the time, I suddenly decided to turn back the way I had come from and was suprised and dismayed to be looking at the one face I most did not want to see... Roddy McAmsterdam. Actually, the face I did not want to see the most was the face of that junkie who stabbed me. But Roddy was a close second.

As you may recall, Roddy McAmsterdam was my chief rival for partnership at the architectural firm that had employed us both (and may or may not still employ us both, I haven't checked on that yet). We did never got along very well. In fact, he might very well be my arch enemy. If all his schemes against me had come to fruition, I'd be unemployed, blind, paraplegic, and dead. Though all these plots were narrowly averted, he was still clever enough to conceal not only any evidence of his involvement, but any evidence that these plots occured at all. Anyway, having not seen him in almost two months, I was struck how different he looked from how I pictured him in my head. It was no one thing, really, but rather a lot of little things that worked together making him seem more gaunt and skeletal.

"Whoop, whoop, whoop" he said, which struck me as a little odd. Then I realised it was just some kid with one of those electronic toy guns standing nearby.

"Hello, Roddy." I said with a noticable lack of enthusiasm.

"Whoop, whoop, whoop" he said.

"I don't understand." I replied, then I remembered the kid with the toy. But then he really did say something. "How are things at Homolka and Kreiger?"

Homolka and Krieger, as you know, is the name of the architectural firm that we both worked for. But I knew he had to know that I'd not shown up for work in almost two months, and had no idea how things were going there. Suspicious, I assumed I'd been fired and he couldn't wait to be the first one to tell me. This was all part of his set up to maximize his enjoyment.

"Why are you asking me?" I responded, careful to not give anything away. Something wasn't right here.

"I haven't been in for a while." Roddy admitted. Or was he having some fun at my expense? I decided to change the subject. "Oh. What brings you to London Drugs?"

"I'm here to get my prescription. How about you?" he said, and a trickle of sweat ran down the back of my neck. It was too much to be conicidence. Could he have been spying on me this whole time? How else would he know just the most unnerving thing to say?

"I'm also here for that same reason." I said. No point in lying when it appeared he already knew the truth.

"Really?" He said, feigning suprise. "Do you have a brain cloud, too?"

I was stunned. What other possible reaction can there be when confronted with the fact that someone has a brain cloud? I hardly knew what to say. So I just stared, and couldn't stop.

"I have six months to live... maybe."

I barely heard him say the words. I was still stunned. Brain clouds are often misdiagnosed in the early stages as mere clinical depression, but it doesn't make much difference because brain clouds are inoperable and fatal by this time anyway. I continued to stare.

"Looks like that partnership is yours after all, eh?" He said with a faint smile. I just stared at him. I was too stunned at the time to understand my failure to react to him in any way was making him angry. I guess he had misconstrued my silence as indifference or some other rudeness. He sneered and growled "Fool! I was offering peace and you reject it!? I'll write my epitaph standing on your grave! So swears Roddy McAmsterdam!"

Now I realised I'd upset him. But with a swish of his cape, he was already way past the lightbulbs and extention cords before I could say narry a word.

Sounds spilled out of my mouth anyway. "Glad I'm not that guy."

In retrospect, It's sort of good he wasn't there to hear that.

"Whoop, whoop, whoop." This time I knew right away it was the kid with the gun.

"Fuck off, kid."

"Whoop, whoop, whoop."

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoop, whoop, whoop!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one Mike! That was my idea! You bested me this time, but Airwolf could kick the shit out of your stupid ground machine and make it fit up your ass!

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Luxton, I just read your latest book. It took me a while to find a copy, but once I started, I couldn't put it down (fast enough).

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure glad I'm not that guy

11:17 AM  
Blogger Velu said...

It would have been great if while swishing his cape, he hadtriped againgst your wound & your blood had seeped through your white shirt.
Then he would have looked at your blood & you would have looked at your blood & then seeing the blood finally that he had wanted to see all that time, he would have laughed. A bitter laugh of a biter man who sees the blood of his...

Or maybe its best your way.

Cheers,
Velu
anujvelu.blogspot...

11:18 AM  
Blogger Big Ben said...

Great post, I love posts that make you think. I am a terrible creature of habit. I will have my syrop ready if that pancake comes my way.

11:24 AM  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Funny as hell :)

R2000
Bathroom review

1:07 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

holy crap.

love,
jason mulgrew
famous

2:56 PM  
Blogger The Stories You Cannot Tell said...

I'm going to keep reading, if only for the chuckle I get everytime I read the words Doob LaVey.


Wrufian
Wrufian writes

3:22 PM  
Blogger KB said...

Wow, what else can i say? :p

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish my name was Doob...

8:06 PM  
Blogger grudge girl said...

Brain cloud? Like in "Joe Versus the Volcano?"

Hm.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Um...words fail me.

Are you really from Kelowna?

12:04 AM  
Blogger Tom Oroz said...

Keep it up writing, I will surely visit again.

7:16 AM  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

I want to hear about the prostitute now :)

R2000
Bathroom Review

7:43 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

What the funk is a brain cloud, didn't tom hanks have that i n Joe Veresus the Volcano? God that was a great movie!

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see that similar rivalry how in my country, it was wished tylko that man leaves behind who naprawde then it is and where it follows...

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it with people trying to sell stuff in these posts? Like I don't get enough commercials on TV and in movie theaters! If your product is sooo fabulous, why do you have to post little ads in places like this?

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If ever there were a time to say a few words on the world economic upheaval this is not the time... if however there was a time to comment on little kids with toy guns that go "whoop whoop whoop" there can be no better moment.

What kind of gun goes "whoop whoop whoop"? Is there any wonder why the children of our society are so stupid? The future of our dear foley artists are in severe jeopardy. For just a dollar a day you may be able to save one of these pathetic children. So please give now... the peril of this majestic industry needs our help.

"Fuck off, kid" indeed.

1:04 AM  
Blogger The Raving Moderate said...

I too remember "brain clouds" from "Joe v. the Volcano". This made me question more of the originality of your seemingly brilliant writing, whereupon I looked up "whoop whoop whoop" (exact phrase) on Google, and found 13,600 entries, of which 889 also contain the phrase "three stooges". But this could be just a cultural reference, and I might also, like your friend Marshall, just be jealous that my blog is not considered of "note" as you have noted that yours is, although certainly I have noted my blog here, so it is of some note, though not many have noted it.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude u don't have to swear!!!


http://www.rattlermusic.blogspot.com

Got to that website

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jamie S. Luxton III,

I perused your post (The Most Precious Commodity) with much interest as I was looking for ways to buy and sell how to repair a road bicycle. Unfortunately your article was not exactly what I was looking for
how to repair a road bicycle. But luckily there is a site I have found that allows you to buy and sell anything like how to repair a road bicycle on interest free credit and you can pay for your how to repair a road bicycle whenever you want. Here's the link one more time: how to repair a road bicycle.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous erotic impregnate stories said...

But Lee wasnt the only one enchanted with the experience. The first no means the tape goes tomy boss and both her and her girlfriend will be ruined in the localcommunity.
daughter incest stories
masturbation horror stories
lesbian seduction stories
prison rape stories
lesbian rape stories
But Lee wasnt the only one enchanted with the experience. The first no means the tape goes tomy boss and both her and her girlfriend will be ruined in the localcommunity.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous bdsm horse stories said...

She doesnt know where were at butshes not fighting me at all. After several minutes of holding the erotic pose, kneeling motionless before her lord while he finished his drink, she was ordered to her feet to come closer to his chair.
babysitter sex stories
rape domination bdsm stories
femdom incest toilet slave stories
free forced sex stories
sex incest stories
She doesnt know where were at butshes not fighting me at all. After several minutes of holding the erotic pose, kneeling motionless before her lord while he finished his drink, she was ordered to her feet to come closer to his chair.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home